ART OF THE MONTH WINNERS
The March meeting is virtual, and the Demo artist for this month is William Schneider. William A. Schneider’s work has evolved since he finished his studies at the American Academy of Art.
Workshops with Carolyn Anderson, Dan Gerhartz, Scott Burdick, Harley Brown, Scott Christensen, Huihan Liu, David Leffel, and Richard Schmid among others solidified his understanding of the basics. But he credits the many hours he spent studying and copying masterworks by Nicolai Fechin with loosening up his brushwork and approach to edges.
He also describes four days of intense study at an exhibit of the works of f J.W. Waterhouse in Montreal as an “epiphany” in his understanding of composition. William commented, “The wonderful thing about art is that you can always get better. I view myself as a perpetual student!”
Bill was awarded Master Signature status in Oil Painters of America (OPA). In addition the Pastel Society of America has recognized him as a “Master Pastelist,” IAPS (The International Association of Pastel Societies) has named him to the Masters’ Circle and AIS made him a Master Signature Member (AISM).
- Oil Landscapes, Schneider, Hampton, Obermeyer, & Short, Walter Foster Publishing 2002
- The Art of Oil Painting, Walter Foster Publishing 2003
- Pastel II, William Schneider, Walter Foster Publishing 2004
- How did you paint that? 100 ways to paint People & Figures, International Artist Publishing, 2005
- Pure Color: The Best of Pastel, North Light Books, 2005
For more information about William Schneider and his work, visit: