(see special notes below during restricted library access for meetings due to COVID-19)
Members may bring one piece of artwork to the general meeting. Artists must register on the numbered list provided and place the corresponding voting number on their entry.
There are no categories; all art competes against each other. Chairs, with support of the RCAS board, may disqualify any artist’s submission. At a later date, the artist has a right to appeal.
Prizes are awarded for first, second, third place. Voting by all attending members takes place at 7:45 – 8:00 p.m. during the social time. Then awards are presented and pictures taken for the Sketchpad at the end of the meeting
The first place winner may not enter the following month. Other prize winners are eligible to enter the following month.
The following artwork CANNOT be exhibited in the public facilities of the Richardson Public Library: Artwork containing conspicuous political, religious, nor sexually suggestive content such as nudes as per Library policies.
Artwork must be original and not produced in a workshop or under a teacher’s supervision. Artwork cannot exceed 42” in any dimension. Artwork may be unframed for the contest, but First place winner must be framed for display in the art gallery in the fILTER(ed) Craft Coffee & Culture shop in McKinney for a month.
- Water Media/Acrylic/Alcohol Ink on Paper or Yupo
- Ink Drawings – colored and graphite pencil, crayons, woodcuts, etchings and hand pulled prints
- Oil or Acrylic on Canvas or Hard Surfaces (including grounds other than paper)
- Pastel/Graphics – Graphics are limited to charcoals
- Collage and Mixed Media – Image source materials must be original with less than 10% consisting of published images. . Various materials are acceptable. Artwork must be no more than 5 inches deep, less than 10 pounds and must be mounted as a single unit with D rings for hanging
- Digital and Photographic Art – All forms of photography, enhanced photography, digital art originating on the computer, of digital collage. All components of images must still be originally captured/created by the artist. Cannot include company logos or have been used for commercial purposes.
SPECIAL NOTES DURING RESTRICTED LIBRARY ACCESS FOR MEETINGS DUE TO COVID-19:
Members will receive an email with a link to submit an image of their artwork on-line one week before each monthly meeting (Sept-Nov and Jan-May). Submissions will be accepted until 6PM the day prior to the monthly meeting. Voting will also be done electronically. Members will receive another email for voting with the link on the morning of the monthly meeting and will be able to vote until 6PM that day. Artists must cover or otherwise eliminate any artist signature on the artwork to remain anonymous. Winners will be announced at the Zoom Monthly Meeting. All other rules above will continue to apply.